**COVID-19 Related Policies & Changes**
The safety of our campers, staff, and community is at the forefront of our minds. Our plan includes:
- Limiting camp enrollment per session,
- Following recommendations that all participants and staff wear face masks when inside,
- Seating the campers at appropriate distances from one another,
- Implementing cleaning procedures and policies before and after the morning and afternoon sessions,
- Hiring dedicated classroom management staff to allow the faculty to focus on campers, and,
- Monitoring to make any additional mid-course corrections.
We ask that campers and guardians follow these guidelines to participate in MPA camps.
- Campers are required to wear a mask in the building at all times. Campers can remove their masks during outdoor activities and snack times.
- Contactless camp drop-off and pick-up. We encourage parents and guardians to limit their time in the building and studio spaces.
- A required digital contact form must be submitted before the first day of camp.
- We ask that parents to monitor their child’s health each morning and keep campers at home if they are feeling unwell.
**Camp Drop-off & Pick-up**
Camp drop-off and pick-up will be done outside of the building to limit contact between parents, other children, and MPA staff. For campers ages 6-12, MPA staff members will supervise drop-off and pick-up at the back of the MCC building, in between MCC and the Dolley Madison Library. Abrakadoodle camps for ages 3-6 will do drop-off and pick-up at the front of the MCC building.
Please fill out the emergency contact, medical and release forms, and submit to Briana Clorey at email@example.com BEFORE the first day of camp.
Click Here: Digital MPA Summer Camp Form
McLean Community Center
1234 Ingleside Avenue
McLean, VA 22101
Ages 9-12: Emerson Gallery (2nd floor of MCC)
Ages 6-8: DuVal Studio (1st floor of MCC)
All MPA summer art camp registrations, including Abrakadoodle and teen programs, will be done online through MPA’s website. For any questions, please contact Briana Clorey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage campers to sign up as early as possible! MPA will cancel a camp if does not have sufficient enrollment (4-5 campers) two weeks before the start of the camp.
Late Pick Up Policy
MPA will charge a late pick up fee for any camper remaining 15 minutes after camp has ended. The late fee is $20 (cash only) per 15 minutes beyond the 15 minute grace period. Late fees must be paid before a camper can participate in the next camp session.
Inclement Weather Policy
MPA follows McLean Community Center’s inclement weather policy.
When does MPA issue a refund for a class or camp?
MPA issues refunds when MPA cancels a class or activity. MPA also issues refunds when it changes a class or an activity and the change makes it impossible for the participant to continue with the class. Please note, MPA cancels a class one week prior to the start date if the class does not meet minimum enrollment.
Once a class, camp or activity is in session, refunds may be granted only for medical reasons or for extenuating circumstances as determined by the McLean Community Center.
Patrons who submit refund requests 14 days or more before the start date of a class or activity, will be granted a full refund. Refunds requests made 7-13 days before camp begins, may receive 50% refund for registration. Any refund request received less than a week before starting date, without proof of emergency, will not receive a refund for cancellation. The amount paid for the class can instead be credited to that individual’s account and can be applied to another art class.
Prorating camps: Prorated camp requests must be made in writing to email@example.com. MPA and McLean Community Center will determine on an individual basis if prorating the camp is appropriate.
Who do I contact?
All other questions about camps can be directed to Briana Clorey, firstname.lastname@example.org.