Please fill out the emergency contact, medical and release forms, and submit to Briana Clorey at email@example.com BEFORE the first day of camp.
**COVID-19 Related Policies & Changes**
The safety of our campers, staff, and community is at the forefront of our minds. Our plan includes:
- Limiting camp enrollment per session,
- Implementing cleaning procedures and policies before and after the morning and afternoon sessions, and,
- Monitoring to make any additional mid-course corrections.
MPA follows the latest safety recommendations of Fairfax County.
We ask that campers and guardians follow these guidelines to participate in MPA camps.
- A required digital contact form must be submitted before the first day of camp.
- We ask that parents monitor their child’s health each morning and keep campers at home if they are feeling unwell.
**Camp Drop-off & Pick-up**
Camp drop-off and pick-up will be done outside of the building to limit contact between parents, other children, and MPA staff. For campers ages 6-13, MPA staff members will supervise drop-off and pick-up at the back of the MCC building, in between MCC and the Dolley Madison Library. Abrakadoodle camps for ages 3-6 will do drop-off and pick-up in their classroom.
McLean Community Center
1234 Ingleside Avenue
McLean, VA 22101
Ages 9-13: Emerson Gallery (2nd floor of MCC)
Ages 6-8: DuVal Studio (1st floor of MCC)
All MPA summer art camp registrations, including Abrakadoodle and teen programs, will be done online through MPA’s website. For any questions, please contact Briana Clorey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage campers to sign up as early as possible! MPA will cancel a camp if does not have sufficient enrollment (4-5 campers) 1-2 weeks before the start of the camp.
Late Pick Up Policy
MPA will charge a late pick up fee for any camper remaining 15 minutes after camp has ended. The late fee is $20 (cash only) per 15 minutes beyond the 15 minute grace period. Late fees must be paid before a camper can participate in the next camp session.
Inclement Weather Policy
MPA follows McLean Community Center’s inclement weather policy.
MPA Refund Policy
- For summer camps, patrons who wish to withdraw or cancel their registration before Friday, April 5, 2024, will be entitled to a full refund.
- For requests received after Friday, April 5, 2024, but MORE THAN 21 days ahead of the camp start date, patrons will receive a full refund with a modest 20% administrative fee.
- Should patrons cancel a camp registration FEWER THAN 21 days ahead of the camp start date, a refund will be granted if the vacated spot is filled. In such a case, the patron will then receive a full refund, net of the 20% administrative fee.
We appreciate your understanding as we strive to provide the best possible service to our community. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Prorating camps: Prorated camp requests must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. MPA and McLean Community Center will determine on an individual basis if prorating the camp is appropriate.
Who do I contact?
All other questions about camps can be directed to Briana Clorey, email@example.com.