**COVID-19 Related Policies & Changes**
The safety of our campers, staff, and community is at the forefront of our minds as MPA redesigns our in-studio camps in this new environment. Our plan includes:
- Limiting camp enrollment per session,
- Hiring dedicated classroom management staff to allow the faculty to focus on campers,
- Seating the campers at appropriate distances from one another,
- Implementing cleaning procedures and policies before and after the morning and afternoon sessions,
- Following the VA Governor’s recommendations that all participants and staff wear face masks, and,
- Monitoring to make any additional mid-course corrections.
Campers and guardians must follow these guidelines to participate in MPA in-studio camps.
- Campers are required to wear a mask in the building at all times.
- Contactless camp drop-off and pick-up. Unless otherwise organized, parents and guardians will refrain from entering the building and studio.
- All required contact forms must be submitted BEFORE the first day of camp and submitted electronically by email to email@example.com or by mail.
- Please do not send you child to camp if they are feeling sick for any reason.
**Camp Drop-off & Pick-up**
All camp drop-off and pick-up will be done outside in front of the building to limit contact between parents and other children and MPA staff. A MPA staff member will greet campers at the front of the building during drop-off. Then MPA staff will bring all campers out to the front of the MCC building for dismissal where parents can pull their car up to the front entrance and wait for campers.
Parents and guardians are to remain outside for drop-off and pick-up, unless otherwise organized.
Please fill out the emergency contact, medical and release forms, and submit to Briana Clorey at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE the first day of camp. Forms MUST be submitted by email or mailed in.
Click Here: MPA Summer Camp Forms PDF
McLean Community Center
1234 Ingleside Avenue
McLean, VA 22101
Ages 9-12: DuVal Studio (1st floor of MCC)
Ages 6-8: Emerson Gallery (2nd floor of MCC)
All MPA summer art camp registrations, including Abrakadoodle and teen programs, will be done online through MPA’s website. For any questions, please contact Briana Clorey at email@example.com.
We encourage campers to sign up as early as possible! MPA will cancel a camp if does not have sufficient enrollment (4-5 campers) two weeks before the start of the camp.
Late Pick Up Policy
MPA will charge a late pick up fee for any camper remaining 15 minutes after camp has ended. The late fee is $20 (cash only) per 15 minutes beyond the 15 minute grace period. Late fees must be paid before a camper can participate in the next camp session.
Inclement Weather Policy
MPA follows McLean Community Center’s inclement weather policy.
When does MPA issue a refund for a class or camp?
MPA issues refunds when MPA cancels a class or activity. MPA also issues refunds when it changes a class or an activity and the change makes it impossible for the participant to continue with the class. Please note, MPA cancels a class one week prior to the start date if the class does not meet minimum enrollment.
Once a class, camp or activity is in session, refunds may be granted only for medical reasons or for extenuating circumstances as determined by the McLean Community Center.
Patrons who submit refund requests 14 days or more before the start date of a class or activity, will be granted a full refund, minus a $25 processing fee. Refunds requested less than 14 days before the start date of the class or activity will not be granted; the amount paid for the class can instead be credited to that individual’s account and can be applied to another art class.
Prorating camps: Prorated camp requests must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. MPA and McLean Community Center will determine on an individual basis if prorating the camp is appropriate.
Who do I contact?
All other questions about camps can be directed to Briana Clorey, email@example.com.