Thank you to all our Annual Giving supporters! In this time of uncertainty, we are grateful to our community for their generous response in helping us conduct the most successful Annual Giving campaign in our history, with a 51 percent increase in individual donations compared to last year’s campaign.
We did all of this in 2020 … with your help we can do even more in 2021!
You can still make a tax-deductible gift today:
$35 Artist, Student, Senior
$250 Contributing Member
$500 Sustaining Member
$2,500 Major Benefactor
$5,000 Leadership Circle
$10,000 Chairman’s Circle
$25,000 Curator’s Circle
MPA offers these payment options:
Make a secure online or recurring payment with your credit card. Click here to give.
Send in a check with this MPA Donation Form and mail to:
McLean Project for the Arts
Attn: Annual Giving
1234 Ingleside Avenue
McLean, VA 22101
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
McLean Project for the Arts is a non-profit 501(c)3 charitable organization,
with the tax identification number of EIN #52-1374407. Your donation is considered
a charitable contribution under the U.S. Tax Laws. Consult your tax advisor to
determine the extent of the applicable tax deduction.
Now through Dec. 31, 2020, cash gifts made to MPA will have a greater impact to both you and to our community:
The CARES Act amends section 62 of the Internal Revenue Code by allowing taxpayers that do not itemize their deductions to take a limited above-the-line deduction for charitable contributions. And, if you itemize your deductions, the CARES Act has increased the AGI charitable contribution to 100% of AGI for 2020. This means that you can get a charitable contribution deduction for the full amount of your Adjusted Gross Income.
- Those who take the standard deduction may now deduct up to $300 in qualified charitable contributions of cash to MPA and other qualified nonprofits. Normally, no deduction is permitted.
- Itemizers may deduct cash gifts up to 100 percent of their adjusted gross income in 2020 — up from 60 percent. Gifts to donor-advised funds and private foundations are not eligible.
- Required minimum distributions from retirement accounts are suspended for 2020. However, individuals still can make a qualified charitable distribution of up to $100,000 from their IRAs. The direct distribution to charity would not be included in taxable income.
Please consult your tax advisor and the CARES Act for complete details.
This is a unique year for giving and there are many ways to show your support of MPA. Consider gifts of securities, donor advised funds, bequests, and charitable lead and remainder trusts.
MPA is happy to work with you on making gifts of publicly traded securities that have appreciated in value.
Please contact MPA for more information about making a gift of securities, and to ensure your account is properly credited.
Many employers will match your charitable contribution with an equal or higher amount if you or your spouse are an employee, retiree, or board member of a company. Check with your company to see if they have a matching gifts program and to request a matching gift form. Email or mail the completed and signed form with your gift to MPA.
McLean Project for the Arts is a non-profit 501(c)3 charitable organization, with the tax identification number of EIN #52-1374407.
Your donation is considered a charitable contribution under the U.S. Tax Laws. Consult your tax advisor to determine the extent of the applicable tax deduction.
Accomplishing our mission now means showing work in galleries and online:
- Installing exceptional exhibitions in our galleries
- Offering safe, in-person gallery visits and adding online programming
- Building community online with new and long-time, local and global audiences
- Continuing to support the work of contemporary artists
- Extending the rich legacy of 2,000+ artists shown in our galleries
- Contributing to the creative economy
Accomplishing our mission now means teaching in person and online:
- Meeting students where they want to learn: in our studios and in their homes
- Providing small classes, safe spaces and personal supplies for in-person camps and classes
- Nurturing our outreach partners, of all ages and all abilities, who are comforted and encouraged through the healing power of the arts
- Creating new teaching tools and techniques to serve students in the region, around the world and across the digital divide
- Hiring faculty from around the region and across the country
Accomplishing our mission now means finding new ways to bring joy!
- Bringing MPAartfest to life for its 14th year
- Showcasing the work of 52 individual artists in six online galleries
- Producing 21 virtual and in-person events including individual “Meet the Artist” interviews and stellar in-person and online Art+Music concerts
- Engaging 125+ students in the beloved MPAartfest Children’s Artwalk
- Partnering with the Fairfax County Park Authority on new projects to bring even more joy to people of all ages throughout the region