MPAartfest 2022 Cancelled Due to Inclement Weather
The 16th Annual MPAartfest
Sunday, October 2, 10am-4pm
Mark your calendars! MPAartfest 2022 returns for its 16th year to McLean Central Park on Sunday, October 2, 2022 from 10am – 4pm.
During MPAartfest, McLean Central Park is transformed into a lively landscape of mini art galleries showcasing and offering for sale the work of juried artists from throughout the mid-Atlantic region. This FREE event features contemporary art, live music throughout the day from some of the DC-area’s best musical talents, a Children’s Art Walk, food vendors, and much more.
MPA is an independent non-profit 501(C)3 organization. Funds raised at MPAartfest via sponsorships and individual donations support MPA exhibitions and programs throughout the year.
Can’t wait until October? Relive all of the best moments of Virtual MPAartfest 2021 online! Visit MPA’s YouTube Channel to experience all of the Meet the Artist Talks.
2022 MPAartfest Featured Artists
From painting to sculptures, crystalline ceramics, bead work, wood work, jewelry, mixed media, fine illustrations, and much more, this year’s MPAartfest Featured Artists have something for everyone. Get a head start on your holiday shopping–it’s never too early to begin working your way through your list. With more than 35 premier visual artists from across the Mid-Atlantic region, you’ll leave with gifts for your whole crew.
In recent years–under the enthusiastic leadership of MPAartfest Music Curator Ken Avis–music has become an integral and much-loved part of MPAartfest. The 15th Annual MPAartfest will continue this tradition with performances throughout the day by some of the DC-area’s most celebrated musicians.
Children’s Art Walk: Call for Entries
MPA currently seeks submissions for our 15th Annual MPAartfest Children’s Art Walk. A perennial favorite at MPAartfest, the Children’s Art Walk is an open-air gallery of student art proudly sponsored by the New Dominion Women’s Club (NDWC) of McLean.
The show will be juried and open to students in the Langley and McLean Fairfax County Public School pyramid, as well as students at private and parochial schools. Student artwork submissions are welcome Saturday, September 18 and 25, 2021. Submissions may be dropped off at McLean Project for the Arts (1234 Ingleside Avenue, McLean, VA 22101) from 10am-3pm. Limit one submission per student. Artwork may be any size 11×14 or smaller.
Parking is available at the McLean Community Center lots at the front of the building, and if those lots are full, overflow parking is available at the following lots within walking distance:
Other walking distance parking
• Capital One Bank — 6890 Elm Street
• FitzGerald Properties — 1446 Dolley Madison Boulevard (at Elm Street)
Golf cart shuttles for individuals with limited mobility will be available at the front of MCC.
Join us as an MPAartfest Sponsor 2022!
Our corporate sponsors benefit from helping support equitable access to visual arts education to our increasingly diverse community, and particularly for those who might not otherwise have these opportunities.
We’re committed to offering our partners valuable and effective custom sponsorship packages, developed to fit your company’s individual needs.
To get you started, view our Sponsorship Prospectus below or connect with Jennifer Wormser at firstname.lastname@example.org or (239)691-7548.
- Presenting Sponsor ($10,000) available – Exclusive sponsorship to show your commitment to supporting the local community and the arts. Includes a premier space at the festival and all-inclusive recognition opportunities.
- Children’s Art Village Sponsor ($2,500 per tent) 2 out of 3 reserved – An inspiring opportunity to engage with families! The focus is Science, Engineering, ART and Math, with an MPAartfest twist! MPA develops the activity programming in the tent in partnership with you and providing sponsors with the most dynamic interaction possible in the park. The activities are designed to inspire kids of all ages!
- Live Musical Performance Stage Sponsor ($3,500) available – This area will showcase a wide variety of musical artists. Visitors listen (and dance) to great music on the gazebo stage, featuring bands representing the best DC area musicians. Includes a premier space at the festival and Emcee recognition throughout the day. Stay tuned for the lineup soon!
- Café Beret Sponsor ($3,500) unavailable – This well-loved MPAartfest staple offers visitors the chance to sample wine and beer while enjoying live musical entertainment from the gazebo. This unique sponsorship opportunity provides a platform to promote your organization to a well-heeled mature audience.
- MPAartfest Benefactors ($2,500) 1 available – MPAartfest Benefactors will have their own individual tents with a table to promote their organization. This is a wonderful opportunity to promote your organization and hand-out promotional materials.
Your sponsorship of MPAartfest makes it possible for MPA to continue providing quality programs for our community including critically-recognized contemporary art exhibitions, over 150 classes each year in our art studio, as well as MPA’s award-winning ArtReach program that reaches more than 3,000 students, seniors, and special needs residents. Learn more about MPA’s mission and programs.
Our MPAartfest Sponsors
Thank you to these generous MPA community sponsors for their support of MPAartfest!
Sally & John Simms
Lori & Paul Carbonneau
Matt & Ann Desch
H. Alexander & Jacqueline Henry
Marianne Prendergast Washington Fine Properties
Alice & Ken Starr
Transurban, operator of the 495, 95, and 395 Express Lanes
Jill & Paul Young
Nancy Weyl Bradley, Kitty & Robert Dove
Dabney & Joe Cortina
Mary Cull & Anne Polk
Karen & Dan DuVal
Kitty & Juan Pablo González
Elaine & Howard Forman
Chip & Gina Nash
Marianne Prendergast, Washington Fine Properties
Norma & Russ Ramsey
Ellen Yanuck Rosenblum
Silvija Strikis & Miguel Browne
Andrew A. Viola
Donna & Bruce Berlage
Pamela & David Danner
Victoria & Lonnie Davis
Bill & Janet DuBose
Drs. Nadia Eltaki & Ziad Ali
Robert & Katrina Emery
Elaine & Howard Forman
Drs. Fizzah & Tim Gocke
Jane & Brant Imperatore
Malloy Auto Group
Chelsea & Harish R. Rao
Scott & Dawn Schnnell
Sonu & JJ Singh
Lori Jenkins & George Swygert
Julie Lansaw Warin & F. Joseph Warin
Sherif & Ali Group – COMPASS
The Sherrie T. & Sidney M. Beckstead Trust
Marcia Myers Carlucci
Sophia Lynn & David Frederick
Arezu & Ed Ingle
Robby & Katy Moser
Kim Franklin Trundle
Dawn Washkewicz & Scott Knott
Suzanne & Glenn Youngkin
Megan & Hon. Don Beyer
Richard & Kitty Dana
Betsy & Bob Huffman
Ricki & Joel Kanter
Merrill Lynch, Kristen & Peter Ambrose
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, Pamela Wise & Mike Teague
Cynthia and Jerry Miller
Mrs. & Mr. Brian O’Toole
Katharine & Dale Powell
Brittany Root & Kevin Yam
Karen & David Sherwood
Jessica & Peter Speros
Priscilla & Scott Stanzel
Margi and Bob Vanderhye
Patricia Tetro & Jack Wilbern
Christine Simmon & Douglas Boothe
Ellie & Brian Christiansen
Nina & Peter Fitzgerald
Ann & Jeff Goettman
Jen & Chris Graham
The Haber Mandel Family Foundation
Jon & Allison Kling
The Knise Family Fund
Eric & Susanne Larsen
Leslie Mason & Jeff Cosby
Donna & Buzz Miller
Deborah Staats Sanders
Carla & Craig Seebald
Mary Carolyn Thies
The Townend Family
Natalie von Seelen